<< Go back
To build the business you have today, you've invested years of your life and the bulk of your financial assets. But sooner or later, it's inevitable that someone other than you will own and run your business.
- transfer your farm or business to family members
- you sell to a promising employee
- or you sell to an outside investor,
We can assist you.
Whichever path you choose, you have a lot of things to consider before making your move. Remember that succession planning is a long-term process, not a one-time event. As a result, it is important you get the right advice from the start.
We work with you and your family to customize the succession plan that fits your plans for the future.
The two most common types of succession plans are:
- the business succession plan, and
- the farm succession plan.
Succession planning covers a wide range of issues, including:
- Tax Planning. - We will review the income tax implications associated with the transfer of assets and death to ensure taxes are minimized.
- Business Valuation. - We will assist you in determining a value for your business for you to make important planning decisiona.
- Retirement Planning. - We work with you to ensure your plan will give you secure stream of retirement income.
- Strategic Business Planning. - We can assist you prepare a three- to five-year business plan which is a fundamental base on which to build your succession plan.
- Transfer of Management. - We can work with you to ensure the transfer of management is a smooth process by looking at the areas critical to managing your business.